Where we are ?
Shusamaj Foundation’s working areas includes both urban and rural, as followings :
As per constitution Shusamaj Foundation has opportunity to work throughout Bangladesh as per need of the communities.
Present working area
Name of District
Name of sub-district/upozila
Who we are ?
“Shusamaj” is a Bengali word means “Free & Fair Society” for the poor and destitute people. Shusamaj is a charitable, non-profitable and non-government voluntary organisation. It was establish in 1992 in the southwest region of Bangladesh with the initiatives of enthusiastic and energetic social workers.
The Southwest region of Bangladesh consisted with two division including Khulna and Barishal, the Khulna division where we works consisted with ten districts including Khulna, Bagerhat, Satkhira. Jashore, Jhenaidah, Narail, Magura, Kushtia, Meherpur and Chuadanga. It head office located in Navaran bazar under Sarsha sub-district which is very near to the largest land port called “Patrapol” and border of Bangladesh and India. Most of our working areas have been confined by the Indian border, as well the working areas situated in the high impact zone of climate change as the working areas are closed to the Bay of Bengal and world largest mangrove forest Sundarban.
Due to its geographical location, the community faces problems both from natural and manmade disaster including flood, water logging, cyclone etc. Apart from manmade disaster human trafficking, child labor, early marriage, gender based violence, violation of human rights, smuggling of goods, carrying arms etc are common problems which affects the lives of the communities.
It has been registered with the following Agencies. It has been register with the NGO affairs bureau vide reg #2316 in 2008 for receiving foreign donation, it has been also registered with Society Act-XXI vide reg # Khulna 91 in 2004. Shusamaj Foundation also registered with the Micro Credit Regularity Authority-MRA vide reg#00687 2013, SAM# SVW61. D-U-N-S Number# 731571498 and Padar-Europe Aid ID BD-2011-FRZ-1709823412.
To establish an environment friendly, gender balanced poverty free and fair secular society where poor people can meet their basic needs and live with human dignity.
Shusamaj aspires that all the Beneficiary groups and inter group structures come up as independent Institution; and capable to run their programs without any external assistance, take the challenge to meet their own interest through empowerment and emancipation of the poorest people of the project area irrespective of sex, religion, caste and creed towards the establishment of a free and fair society where the common people can ensure full participation and have the opportunity of latest information and technology.
Governance: Shusamaj Foundation has been guided by its approved Article of Association/constitution, as per Article of Association/constitution it has a general council consisted with 19 members of which 8 women. The general council is the owner of the organisation, they approve yearly expenditure, budget in the annual general meeting. It has an Executive Committee (EC) consisted with seven members of which 3 women, the EC has been elected by the general member for the three years term, the EC has been assigned to execute the plan of action as per guidance of the general council. Particulars of the EC members are as follows.
Director, CDS (NGO)
NNM Mujibuddaula Sardar Kanak
Prof. Abul Bashar Kazol
What we do?
- Support the children and families to improve the living standard of the Children
- Prevent human trafficking and gender based violence
- Support to promote human rights and good governance
- Improve Livelihoods of the poor and marginal farmers
- Support to improve educational status of the country
- Support the affected families with relief and rehabilitation
- Reduce impact of Climate change
- Promote sustainable agriculture and natural resource management
- Empowerment of women, girls and adolescents
- Development of Disable
How we work?
- Build institution of the poor people so that they plan and monitor for the sustainable development
- Ensure participation of various stakeholders in the planning, monitoring and evaluation process
- Work with vulnerable women, children, disable and youth for improving the living status.
- Withstand beside the families affected by natural and manmade disaster
- Respond to local contexts and global trends
- Work where violations of children’s rights and inequality for girls are the greatest
- Be accountable to those we work with and transparent in how we operate
- Develop innovative new ways of seeking and directing funds that will have the greatest impact
- Collaborate through local, regional, national and global partnerships, working with the private sector, international institutions and other organisations who share our goals.
- Coordinate with others to influence for policy changes
- Work together with other stakeholders to make synergy
- Provide micro finance support to the poor women and men so that they can undertake various income generation activities.
- Support the community to raise on the issues affecting the lives
- Invest and make necessary efforts to build organisation capacity
- Mainstreaming of rights, gender and inclusion issues.